I went Pinterest “shopping”, again

Pinterest scrolling led me to this fun outfit and I just knew I needed to recreate it.

IMG_9268 2

I already had a similar looking fabric in my stash for the top, but nothing for the leggings, so I went fabric shopping. My shopping led me to The Fabric Fairy and their supplex category. I know people commonly use supplex for workout clothing, but I have found it can also be great for other things. Some supplex I have used in the past, has a kind of slick feel to it, but this was a little different. It had a smooth side and a slightly brushed feeling on the other side. This one is called Beyond Cream Supplex Lycra Jersey, and the description on their website says it is high wicking with a microsuede back. It sounded intriguing so I decided to give it a try. The fabric shipped pretty quickly ( I even got a fun pen! ), it washed up well, and sewing began.

I used the Patterns for Pirates Peglegs for these leggings. I like how quick they are and they had the right look for this outfit. Bonus, they are free. I like using the low rise on the pants, with the contour high rise waistband, from their add-on pack (also free). They keep things secure, I get no rolling, and they aren’t so tight that I get uncomfortable when I have health flares. I made a time lapse video, sewing up this pair, that you can see on my youtube.

Something to note, the Pegleg pattern, has negative ease like most legging patterns. I wasn’t sure how see through these would be, with that negative ease, but I figured with the longer sweater, it would be okay. I will definitely not be wearing these with anything other than nude underwear, ha ha ha, but even with the stretch, things stay G rated.

8585A986-682A-47AE-979B-DA43E17BB132

To make the top to wear with them, I used the Nora from the DIBY Club. I was fortunate to have tested this pattern when it first came out a while ago and I still wear the two versions I made then. I knew one of the options it had was the split hem I wanted for this look, and with a little tweak to make it more of a high low split hem, it was perfect. I measure in a few different sizes, but since this has a bit of ease and I was under the finished measurements for the SZ 8, I just made a straight 8 for this look. I picked the 8 based on my upperbust measurement. I did my usual 1″ addition, for my 9″ sidewaist, and then added an additional 4″ to the back hem.

91109053-4BAF-432F-8DCC-E71F4194AFEA

I used some Burgundy Honeycomb Sweater Knit from So Sew English Fabrics, that I got last year. It is super soft and has that almost heathered look to it, that was like my pinspiration picture.

E65AE960-86B2-499D-A4FD-DC6377BA6FA2

Another pinspiration, made mine, and now I need to find some calf high, grey boots, and maybe a few more colors of that supplex ๐Ÿ˜‰.

This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through that link, I may get a % back, at no additional cost to you. Letโ€™s be honest, we all know it goes right back to adding to my fabric stash. All opinionsย on this blog are my own.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s